09 December 2005

quickie

not a lot of time
not a lot to say

going to an adoption party this evening... it's nice to have something other than "just a Christmas party" to attend at this time of year

ended up getting about 6" of snow last night - at least. it's beautiful, but WHAT a pain in the neck getting down the street this morning.

and don't EVEN get me started on what a turd my Elliott was this morning... apparently the auto lock happens even when you DON'T use the remote start... had to wake my peacefully sleeping hubby to get the spare keys so i could get to work. grrr.

weekend will probably be wood working (i.e. cutting, splitting, stacking) and gift wrapping... oh and putting up the Christmas tree. i can't wait to see the baby's face when she sees it this year, knowing what it is.

i have a doc appt this afternoon, EARLY this afternoon, so i'm skipping work at 11 (that's a half day for me) and am going to (unfortunately) miss our holiday potluck lunch, as well as the big finale to the secret Santa events of the week. double sigh. still, it will be good to have the doctor crap out of the way AND to have the whole afternoon with my mother and daughter.

maybe it's that she hasn't hit the "terrible twos" yet, maybe it's just part and parcel of getting into motherhood later than most of my friends, probably it's alot to do with working away from home, but i CANNOT get enough time with my daughter. i cherish every minute.

OH - and the best news about my doctor's visit this afternoon - it's not the one i thought it was, and I DON'T HAVE TO SHAVE MY LEGS!!! likely there are people out there cringing at the thought that i'm rejoicing in hairy legs, but shaving (especially in the winter) makes me dry, itchy, flakey, scaley, hideous and miserable. certainly, if i were more froufrou or girlie girlish i could slather myself in lotion or oil to keep my hairless legs soft and pretty (ha ha ha the idea of MY legs being pretty is just about farcical) but i'm not froufrou or girlie girlish... i flipping cut and split firewood for my weekend kick and giggles...

ok - so maybe lumberjacking isn't all fun and games, but truth be told, i'd rather spend an afternoon doing that than shaving and lotioning my legs and painting my toe nails... or
{shudder}
shopping
{shudder}

though i wouldn't be entirely opposed to a nice facial... mmm.

ok - enough of this.
have a great weekend... cuddles to y'all and your loved ones!

No comments: