15 December 2005

1000 words


This is the view of downtown Detroit from Windsor this morning (note the date / time tag in the bottom right corner). Normally this webcam shows a bright and shining Renaissance Center.


The view down the hall and out the window of one of the hoo-hahs on my floor is remarkably similar. Usually at this time of day, looking out his window, I can see a stream of headlights and taillights from the cars going up and down the busy street that leads into the city of my workplace. Today, it's all grey. The whole outside is nothing but grey.

Admittedly, it's probably easier to see things in detail from one of the lower floors of my building (i work on 9), but HOH - LEE - COW!

have i ever mentioned that that is one of my favorite phrases in the whole world? If you happen to know how to say it - the words "holy cow" not the meaning behind the expression - in another language, I'd love it if you'd share. Please, though, spell it phoenetically (i.e. sock-rah-vahsh - phoenetic for sacre vache - french for sacred cow) so that I can figure out how to say it too.

in other news (ha!) my lips are SEVERELY chapped/cracking/miserable. I'm on a STRONG course of Neosporin LT (Lip Treatment) to see if it will help. I tried Carmex, it only burned.

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

Isn't grey lovely? From my vantage point, it's all snow falling lightly to the ground. I'm trying to picture the grey clouds as a thick flannel blanket. Yeah, that's it.