22 December 2005

lifting my holiday spirits...

yesterday my husband asked me if anything wonderful had happened

it depends on how you define wonderful, I was thinking... if you mean full of wondering how the guy who had my job before me could have his head so far up his butt as to leave me a report so hackneyed that i couldn't possibly get meaningful data from it after working on the same report for no less than 12 hours over the course of 2 days, then yes, i indeed had a wonder-full day...

obviously that is not the type of wonderful my husband meant.

how do i know?

when i walked through the doors this morning, envious of the beautiful all white bouquet that was waiting at the security desk for some lucky girl, my security friends informed me that *I* was the lucky girl.

my loving husband, my dear M.T. had sent me a very spirited, completely white and green -
my A L L T I M E F A V O R I T E
- bouquet of:
* gerbera daisies,
* calla lilles,
* roses,
* Eastery looking lilies,
* a pretty flower that (much to my chagrin) i can't identify,
* some fluffly soft white stuff that looks something like a queen Anne's lace, but definitely isn't,
* baby's breath,
* and loads of long needled pine boughs
in a very pretty snowflake patterned vase!

it is exactly what i needed after yesterday's day of fiasco, and to help a slightly waning Christmas mood

i can't even tell you how wonderful (as in full of wonder that anything could lift my spirits after the day i had on wednesday) i feel

p.s. - it smells absolutely incredible in my office!

No comments: