12 December 2005

Holiday Spirit

This is my office Christmas Tree.

It used to be my Halloween Tree.

Yes, I have received a LOT of commentary about the changing seasons and all the whatnot and hooplah.

I prefer to think of it more along the lines of being socially responsible and recycling/repurposing.

What you fortunately cannot discern from this photo is how amazingly ORANGE the tree still looks (in spite of the slew of sugarplum colored lights i almost killed myself stringing on the darned thing). The down side is that you also cannot see how charming the litthe snowman heads are all over it (because you can't see them).

I don't typically deocorate for Christmas in blue and white (perferring to leave some colors sacred for my Jewish friends) but my artistic sensibilities got the better of me and i decided that one way to offset the orange from Halloween would be to use the complementary blue...
My mom recommended going with red ... but I thought with red and orange being so close on the color wheel they'd blend together and my tree (and office) would look like "Holidays at the Abattoir".

2 comments:

Katrina said...

What a beautiful and unique Christmas tree! I love seeing all the different ways people decorate for the holiday. :)

My Daily Struggles said...

Season's greetings. I'm sure you'll celebrate in your own inimitable way.