06 December 2005

blazy...

sorry to have been lazy with blogging this morning...

either it was waking up before 4:00 or the fact that I still haven't had my diet coke for the day, but i've been out of whack and sort of addled all day... not to mention i have a significant hedake.

whatever

it's F R I G I D outside today... 22 deg - not even factoring in the wind chill.
brr

cold enough, even, to stop me from going out at lunch and finishing my Christmas shopping - yes - only one trip left... happy happy me

i'd be happier if it were done - eh - que sera, sera

my friend bo came up to my office today to see the holiday tree. she had to sit down for laughing... not, she said, because it's pathetic (which sort of it is) but because she thought it was so me (does this mean me=pathetic?)

we went to see Santa last night... so the baby could ask for "TOYS!" - she didn't really... she got rather weirded out when push finally came to shove and she had to see "the man" but...

*** WARNING - PROUD MAMA MOMENT APPROACHING ***

she did great... NO tears at all
happy baby
chattered a little
smiled a little
and while we didn't get a good smile in the photo, I saw it with my own eyes.

*** I HAVE THE COOLEST BABY IN THE WORLD ***

We went out for dinner afterwards (a good eater) and then some quick shopping (she spent most of this time with her dad who wasn't obliged (as I was) to actually shop, and got to watch cartoons and drive around the cool green car-buggy-stroller) and home at bedtime. Of course this meant having to have almost an hour to unwind, do teeth, and settle in to sleep...

so you see, 4:00 came even sooner, because I lost about an hour of sleep on the front end too. eh - i'll get it back. she's only a smidge for so long

on a side note:
back pre-baby... pre-hubby even... way back in 1999 and 2000 i had this ABSOLUTE fascination with beige, cream, tan, black, brown clothes. I used to wear, on a regular basis, some combo of them, and EVERY time I wore them i felt incredibly well-put-together. I still absolutely adore the combination, but back then I was also a good 3 or 4 dress sizes smaller than I am now, and for the most part, no matter WHAT I wear these days, I never feel well-put-together, so I've more or less abandoned wearing my favorite colors - at least in the way I used to. I'm beginning to think that I might need to change that strategy and see if I can't make some snappier outfits out of what I have kicking around in my closet. (am still loathe to buy ANYTHING new clothing wise)

secret santa-ing is going well, though I'm not doing for my family (as I had intended) and i feel a right ass for thinking that I'd be able to... not because I'm physically unable to, but because I'm just a blazy slacker and haven't put any time into getting the little things that would make them pre-tree smile... at least nothing i'm willing to use now instead of saving for a stocking stuffer (cos I have nowhere near enough of them)

time to put my thinking cap on...

No comments: