18 July 2007

Recovery and Random

I'm doing better today. Thank you.

I have housework to do. Lots of it:
- laundry
- dishes
- vacuuming
- dusting
- sweeping
- and mopping
- - - MOVING THE CARDBOARD BOXES OUT OF EVERY CORNER OF EVERY ROOM
- random tidying
- packing up donations (LOTS of donations)

add to that my overwhelming desire to be baking something (anything) and it adds up to agony.
there aren't enough hours in my week to work AND housework. I don't want a maid or a cook either... though one of those professional organizer people would be a boon.

OH - speaking of boons. I watched the last episodes of Carnivale Season 2 last night. I'm extremely un-gruntled. So very much so that I had a hard time falling asleep last night because of it. Just grrr.

I'm throwing together menu ideas for a mexican dinner. Right now it's looking like corn and black bean salad, do it yourself burritos, and home made salsa and guacamole. Simple and relatively easy. I'm making the taco seasoning on my own because what's out there in the stores is lethal. I'm just sayin' My husband will make the guacamole because avocados turn me off. Ew.

If I don't get my pumpkins in the ground in the next two days, I won't have any more reason to worry about it. They're gathering forces for a revolution of sorts... kamikaze pumpkins, threatening to die if I don't take care of them. They're heartless.
They should make excellent jacks o lantern. Heh heh heh.

Many of my boxes of Hallowe'en have arrived, by the bye. I have faces to start painting, a spectre to build, and after a quick trip to the H Depot (because that's where I have the gift cards for) some fog chillers to build. I'm very excited by all of this... and already cursing the fact that it's half way through July and I haven't even started!

Also, the fabric for my daughter's princess dress has arrived. She's requested one for playing in. I've very pointedly been advised that this is NOT for her hallowe'en costume - - she wants to be a horse this year ("and you can be a cowboy mama, and ride me!" me: "a cowgirl, sweetpea" she: "ok, you can be a cowgirl") . It ticks me off, because I know I'm not going to be able to make anything at all like a convincing horse suit - so again, I'll be buying her hallowe'en get up. At least, though, I'll be able to make her a butt-kick princess costume. Now I just have to get around to building it.

Ok, that's enough randomness.

I'm going to go try getting some work done - heigh ho Silver, away!!!

1 comment:

Kimba said...

When was the last time you heard that! (ooohhh....haha!)
But more innocently, I love that she wants to be a horse! Not the typical costumes, that's fabulous! I'm dying to know all that you're planning for Halloween! You're making me angry with myself for not working harder at it!