12 July 2007

it's all MonkeyButt to me

mostly this means that the day is doing its own thing...
i'll be able, i suppose, to join in again at some later time, but for right now, i'm just bumbling through and trying to appear like i have even the slightest idea of what's going on.

in a half an hour i'm walking around the block (1.29 miles) with my friend belle.
we'll probably talk about marriage and homes and crap like that. the good stuff that gets me grounded again.

in the meantime, i'm just being pleased that my blue-sky wish list of how to make my job more manageable seems doable to my boss... and enjoying an icy cold diet coke (whose rewards code was entirely unacceptable to the folks at coke... i have lodged a complaint).

today after work Foo and i will be digging out a small garden and planting our pumpkins - and maybe the peppers (that in spite of the seeds being harvested from grocery store peppers, are growing well and making flowers, and will hopefully bear fruit later this summer). depending on how we feel after that, we'll likely do a load of daddy's laundry and make some cupcakes, or maybe some brownies... even though our dreamy dinner sounds as much like dessert as anything else (boneless pork chops jubilee - - covered in a tart cherry 'sauce').

have i mentioned that mom and i are doing dream dinners?
once a month we drive an hour or so (the franchise i signed up at is closer to work than home), spend a couple of hours building dinners (usually 72 servings between us), laugh a lot and have some quality us time, pack it all into our coolers, decide what we're going to make 'next' month, and drive home... usually talking about husbands and home and the things that get us grounded again.

this weekend, Saturday, my man (ugh... i still can't find a moniker for my husband that I REALLY like... sigh) and i are going to have an "us" date at Cedar Point. i'm VERY excited. it's the first really fun thing that we've done alone together since our honeymoon... or maybe Lamaze classes (that was a joke, kids). then, on Sunday, because we both feel guilty about leaving foo out of the roller coast (she loves roller coasters - - never mind the fact that she's only 39" tall and can't ride anything but the baby stuff) we're taking her to our favorite Potter Park Zoo. She really enjoys the camel rides, and while it's not a roller coaster, she'll have fun. As an aside, we're taking a 'lesson' from old friends, and until she's taller (and more expensive!) Foo's annual trip to Cedar Point happens during their Halloweekends calendar.

Well, it's time for me to spellcheck and publish so I can get my shoes on and go walking.

Have a better one...

1 comment:

Kimba said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I want to go to CP! (Obviously missed it last year because of being preggo) Yeah, I always took the kidlet for Halloweekends when she was little...really for the best. glad to hear you're getting that oh-so-needed couple time!