11 November 2005

surfing challenged

I have heard stories from friends and family about how they could spend an entire day surfing the net not even realising time has slipped out of their control, looking up only when prompted by the calling of nature - at one end or the other.

When I hear their stories, I marvel.

I believe this is because I'm surfing challenged.

There are a few sites I visit routinely, some seasonally, and others only because I've seen their URL on a billboard/highway overpass/bumpersticker and go once, but never go back.

Once I hit about 4 or 5 sites in any given day, however, I find myself struggling to remember if I've seen any url's that I thought were worth pursuing, or I try to google an emotion or thought for the day and see where it takes me... and generally I fail miserably. I find that I'm going back to the same 5 sites, checking my points, seeing if K has anything new to say, and then, usually, resorting to playing on-line games, because I can't find anything fun on the net.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: