17 November 2005

call to analysis...

we had caught a baby bee and thought it would be cruel to keep it, so after only a few moments of holding it in our hands, we set it free

but the other bees hated it, flew after it, stung it mercilessly

so i followed the bees in their flight, pursuing the pursuers, and finally batted them all away from my baby bee

except now it was a small blue and red and brown bird - like a cross between a sparrow and a bluebird and a robin - and it had a broken left wing.

i tried scooping it up, but it wouldn't let me, it insisted on trying to perch on my finger, but when it realised that its wing was broken, it let me cradle it in the palm of my left hand, my right hand swatting at the small buzz of still stinging bees around me

just before i woke i was making plans on what size cage i should get for my new pet, and wondering if maybe a cage were more a prison than a home for one so very well loved


========================================

i was blogging away here and someone - a tech support someone - came into my office, shook his (or her?) head, and said "no no no, you don't want to use Trebuchet."
"why?"
"Oh, because it's too hard to read... and I don't like it."

i just laughed and woke up

No comments: