15 November 2005

order and pap

first the order - why first - because it's what I have to do to get my mind clear enough to call the flipping idiots at the hospital and the insurance company.

so I have spent the last 10 minutes organizing my bills, bank statements, and all other necessary evils into their binders to bring a sense of calm into my life. somtimes it's very very therapeutic for me to just feel like I have a little control over something that is going to make me crazy. the other sense of happy that came from this is that looking at my 401k statement, i have enough saved up that i could use it for the downpayment on a house i might actually want to live in. not that my life is stable enough right now for house hunting, but it's still a good feeling to know that i have actually amassed something of some consideration out of all my grunt work.

and now the pap. apparently someone at blue cross thinks that i would subject myself to two pap smears in the same year. like ANY woman in her right mind, apart from those suspecting their doctors of having their head up the behinds, would do something like that. still - the reason that BCBS thinks this is because someone at the hospital - either my doctor's billing staff or the hospital's billing staff has either double billed - bad form - or has miscoded something they've billed. this is my third or fourth go-round with this, and i'm starting to get really really upset.

ok

i feel better

No comments: