07 March 2005

Shining Happy Monday

What a delightful Monday morning... in spite of how it began.

A few Steps Back
On Friday I transferred my IRS return from my savings to my checking.

I spent time Sunday in the cardboard jungle of our basement, where ALL of our belongings, save clothes and a few books, are housed. I moved, explored, and climbed over more stuff than I remember having, in search of a box of checks.

An hour later - bruised, sweaty, and the mental equivalent of that - at the back of the jungle, I opened the table that contained the checks only to have - at that moment - the epiphany that the checks with the "new" address (which is now the old address - but the only address for which I have checks - I HATE MOVING) were NOT in the table with the boxes of checks, but in the trunk of my car. I sustained further injury on the way out.

Back to the Present
So I was late getting up this morning. It was too nice being culred up with my daughter and cat... dozing (more accurately "Snoozing") my morning prep time away. Typically I'm the kind of person who can get ready and leave in 15 minutes... but not in the morning on work days.

In the morning on work days I have to conquor the labrynth of vicious wood products along the course to deposit the baby with my mom... in the dark. That done, I have to feed the cat (and yes, it has to be in this order), collect my lunch and the cat's insulin from the fridge, get the freezer pack for the bottles out of the freezer, fill a syringe with insulin, and put it back in the fridge. This done, I give the cat a few moments to eat, while I brush my hair. Usually brushing my hair inspires the cat to have his brushed, after which I give him his shot. Then the needle goes into the sharps container. Then I get to go upstairs and get dressed. On bad snowy days or REALLY cold days I go out and start my car before going upstairs. Anyone who is or knows a woman knows what a challenge it can be to get dressed for work, so I'll leave that alone. Then I wake up my husband... which is less a challenge than anyone who knows him would think. Then I go downstairs, kiss the (sleeping) baby and my mom goodbye, collect my bags (usually 3) and leave for work... usually at about 6 am.

The whole affair usually takes me about a half an hour... maybe 40 minutes if I haven't given any thought to what I would wear for the day.

This morning I woke up at 10 to 6.

But that's ok. Once I got on the e-way the traffic was light. I got to work only a few moments after 7, and all in one piece.

Then I got to work on making this a great day.

A third of my IRS refund has paid off and closed a credit account... WHAT a feeling of freedom, accomplishment, relief. I WILL work my way toward financial desirability and a shining credit report!!!

The second third was split almost in half (the greater portion going to my daughter) between savings accounts - my daughter's and mine.

The third third is waiting. I'm honestly notsure what to do with it. I could put it in savings. I could pay down another of the credit cards. I could stash it away for a long weekend away with my husband. I'm still debating. I like having the options open.

Oh - and to top off my great morning - I got to send an e-mail that details how horribly petty a pain in my neck is being about a particular set of information... to the tune of being less than 1% of an issue! Woo Hoo!

Ok - enough joy for the moment. I'm going back to work.

No comments: