21 March 2005

Bugs and Babies

My dad brought the flu home with him on Friday. I'm not at all sure where he collected it, but in two days he went from irritating to pathetic... and if it weren't for the fact that he's a 59 year old man who hasn't yet learned to COVER HIS COUGH, I'd be feeling a more guilty. For about 6 hours, I honestly believed he was faking it for attention... still, last night I made him home made chicken soup, hoping it would make him a little less miserable.

We didn't see him for more than an hour yesterday, the rest of the day he spent in bed, hopefully getting the rest that will help him recover faster. Today he's going to see his doctor, certainly to be told to keep resting and to push fluids.

My mom and I both have a nagging cough. My husband too, but he says it's his allergies.

I'm not too concerned about the four of us... we're tough and have made it through these things before. I mean, yeah, I am concerned, but not like I am for my daughter. She's almost 11 months old now... still SO small, and defenseless... and not yet acquainted with the evil of viruses.

I'm done for now... caught up in the thought of viruses and babies... makes me blue... and I have to go get some work done... just so it's done earlier than later, just in case.

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

The wonderful thing to keep in mind is that you have given your daughter a great start in defending viruses. I think that is one of the main reasons my girls are sick all the time...my body wouldn't support my desire to give them a healthy start. You have!! And don't forget...orange juice!