23 March 2005

Hello... Hello???

According to the PA at my doctor's office, I've missed my calling. She says I should have studied medicine.

Why?

Because when I saw how much pain my mom was in from the fall - actually from the landing on the iceburg - but didn't see any bruising, I told her that I thought she had broken a rib and that she should get x-rays.

Yesterday mom finally made it to the doctor's office, and then to the hospital for x-rays. Apparently, when a patient is suffering pain that intense and doesn't have a bruising it generally means it's a broken rib.

In mom's case... it was two. One broken clean through, the other cracked almost all the way.

I don't think I'll be enrolling in any gross anatomy classes any time soon, but it's nice to know my instincts are good.

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

Oh my GOSH! I hope that she heals and feels better soon. Send her my love.