10 March 2005

Cocooned

My husband is a highly social creature.

He has a large circle of friends and he very much enjoys spending time with them. I encourage this... partly because I can live vicariously through his social events, and partly because he can, from time to time, manage to drag me out of the house.

I'm an exceptionally homey person.

I prefer the companionship of a blazing fire, a cup of tea, or a good book though lately that has been lovingly replaced by my daughter. I enjoy the aroma of hearty dinners and luscious desserts baking in our oven, and the soft embrace of clean linens. I think he encourages me in this... partly because he can come home, exhausted from his social events, to a good meal, a sweet treat and from time to time, I can manage to tie him down to the comforts of home.

Isn't marriage wonderful?

No comments: