21 August 2006

what's new pussycat

he's curled up at my feet on the footstool, and i haven't the heart to wake him.

family called me downstairs at about 10:30. i had been working in my room, so as not to be a temptation to the baby, but she was so engrossed in Diego and whoever else was chomping up the cablewaves it left me fairly free to work.
while reports were doing their magic (running) i washed some towels for upstairs... and a load of my whites. then again, on the next runtime break, made up some falafel (i know the spelling isn't right) from a box mix (you can make anything out of a box these days) for lunch. it was good. mom hasn't had hers yet - baby needed ... NEEDED ... a nap.
and back to now - - Ghengis is curled and snoring between my feet on the ottoman (mom and baby doing the same in the bedroom) and i really want to run through another round of laundry, but i don't have it in my heart to disturb the cat


i have to go to the post office this afternoon - - after my work day officially ends - - and drop my netflix (kingdom hospital disc 3 - - only one left to go...sigh) in the post (i can't bear the thought of trusting it to anything but the luscious comfort of the big blue box) so they can send the last one. mom's pick of the week will probably arrive tomorrow - Geisha night Tuesday at Hidden Oaks... i'm excited.

finished Ghost Writer... it was ok. not a 5 star by any means, but still a decent read. i'm working on Jennifer Egan's "the Keep" now. it was on Diane Rehm (sp?) not too long ago - the day i placed the hold on it actually, which i thought was spooky. i'm only just a few pages in, but i like it... it's gritty and real - which is always a really good place to start a scary story.

enough

No comments: