07 August 2006

missed the Kingdom

argh - how could i be so - - what, exactly? not stupid, most likely just tired.

i just finished listening to the journals of eleanor druse (a hyperion audio book) which is something of a part of the basis for the Kingdom Hospital t.v. show that aired a while back... which i completely missed - - every episode.

now i'm on something of a mad quest to get the dvd's and see if justice was served on this - the story was particularly good... and of course, i'm in a "spooky" frame of mind (what with Halloween only 2 and a half months away.

speaking of Halloween - my husband and i will be volunteering our hands, hearts, and possibly our "acting skills" at the Pigman's Lair at the Chelsea Fairgrounds this year. for me - it's a long time wish that i've taken upon myself to fulfill - - for my husband... well, you'd have to ask my husband, but if i had to guess i'd say it's love and support... and possibly a dash of fun.

also - we'll be taking a trip sometime in October (earlier than later) to visit Goatman Hollow as well. another long time wish of mine - to begin to venture once a year to a new haunted attraction someplace in the country other than our haunts in Michigan. the thrill factor for me on this one is somewhat eclipsed by the sheer joy of going, but i'm hoping that won't last for long.

te he he

in the meantime, i am populating my summer reading list (and listening list) with things horrific, and allowing all the vacuum in my head to draw into anything frightening that comes our way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goatman Hollow sounds like a lot of fun! I think Caleb and I need to take a trip...

Kimba said...

Where is this Goatman Hollow?? sounds awesome! And I think its soooo cool you are going to part of a haunted event! We certainly talked about it for years! Jealous! Maybe I need to make a trip into MI to do haunted things since no one here really seems to enjoy it as much as I!