22 August 2006

the sound of me at peace

it started out with my skirt fitting me the way i wanted it to - - the skirt that is a size smaller than all of my other clothes that fit. all hail old navy, the saviour of my self esteem.

and then the quiet of the morning - - my morning was deliciously quiet, still... ignoring the tail lights and headlights on the road, the drive in was golden pink sky, silhouetted trees, and the classical strains of WRCJ 90.9 FM. i don't own half - not even a 10th of the classical music i would like, so i cheat and listen to the radio. sure, i have to listen to whatever 'they' pick, but most often they know better than i do, so i'm not fussed. not to mention, if i don't like what i'm hearing, i can just pop over to NPR for a little while and get my head out of the sand. heaven help me is there anything better than public radio and an awesome skirt? ok, a perfect hair cut and color and a kick ass pair of shoes... but after that, all that's left is champagne and the sea.

the office was quiet when i got in as well, and no one has come bothering me yet today. i actually had to make the trek to the coffee machine (and tea-water dispenser) to determine if life had continued among my coworkers.

oh - and i put on some make up today - eyes and cheeks and lips - the whole 9 (except liner, because my eyes have been leaking because of the allergens) - and so i feel double plus pretty in my new denim skirt (and pink and white striped oxford). did i mention my nails were lacquered pink as well? a fresh coat over the weekend... the baby's too.

ah... if only i were someplace sunny and sandy and listening to the roar of the crashing waves, breathing in the salt of the seas of time...

happy tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin bought a new denim skirt recently as well...and now I am double jealous.