16 March 2006

Talking Girl...

a friend of mine sometimes uses the phrase "talking girl, you talk too much." he seldom uses it about me - at least in my company. lately, though, he could without hurting my feelings. i've felt very much like babble-queen... and truly it's all babble.

like -

last night i went down to the dungeon and walked a mile in just about a half an hour. for me, this is an accomplishment... i'm considering considering it training for walk-a-thon (which would mean 20 miles would only take me 10 hours -woo hoo!). though in my defense, more than half of it was at a 4% incline or greater. and i even sweated a little, and the machine used its magic math (fuzzy math?) to determine that i had burned through 135 calories (almost the caloric cost of one of my diet ice cream sandwiches - 150) in that short time. i sometimes wonder if there's a scale and age-determining-device somewhere on-board the machine. that would be cool...

like -

i got behind a cute little yellow beetle this morning on my way to work (late) and saw www.gocoach.com on the bumper and thought it was a really cute (but impractical) alternative to the ubiquitous metro-cabs and metro-cars that normally get in my way on the way to work. i know i have mentioned that i live only moments from an international airport before. still, i was curious enough - about rates maybe? - to go to the website... very much freaked me out to learn that they're not a cab company at all... let alone what they really do. i think they should have put a little more thought into the color and name choices - unless they wanted to be routinely mistaken for a transportation company.

like -

WHY ISN'T IT FRIDAY YET???

like -

today is supposed to be day of snow and cold (still bummed about losing the 70 degree weather) and i desperately want to practice my "today is my best day ever"-customer-service-attitude with someone who's going to be contacting me within the next couple of hours regarding some customer service i need to provide her, and my real mood is more like "today is the crappy day of snow that comes in on the tail of a week that started with 70 degree days so how can i make you happy because you obviously don't care if i am." and i know i need to adjust, but come on...
(read on)

like -

my company recently tricked my work-installation of my yahoo messenger into thinking that it's already logged on, so i can't log on again, and dis-installed some of the codecs i need to listen to Michigan Public Radio on Media Player, and i'm fairly certain that if this trend keeps up they'll be taking down my walls and installing the company mariachi band directly across the hall. the translation to this is that a bulk of my creature comforts have been dismantled which only serves to make me a less than happy employee, instead of making me more secure... whatever.

ok - so the bottom line is that when i talk too much, it almost always denegrates into a litany of grousing instead of me focusing on silver linings and the bright side and whatnot... so, here's the good stuff:

i have a great family, i have a mini-vacation almost planned at the end of may and a real vacation (replete with ocean beach) actually planned for mid september and the snow can't last all spring and summer too, and my cat keeps my feet warm on snowy nights so maybe the oncoming snow isn't such a bad thing and i have a great family and it's likely that i'll be able to find a quick solution for my customer service issue, and possibly even a (not quick but suitable) solution to my Michigan Radio and Yahoo Messenger situations.

thanks for listening...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Coach is kind of creepy....
somehow the thought of a swarm of yellow VW bugs on the search for unpleasant cleaning needs is unsettling. Or worse, what if they followed people around...just in case?

Sounds like Kevin material.