30 March 2006

consumerism junkie

i like to buy things.
i can't seem to stop myself.
the only thing that's made it even remotely tolerable for as long as it has been is that i have people to buy things for - right now, even, the number is increasing, so i'm safe. but what about when i get older and my friends start dying off, and their kids have all moved away. maybe that's when i'll start my altruistic career for unicef or something like that.

don't get me wrong, i hate shopping. i just like buying things. like i'll get it in my head that i need a new facial scrub, boom, i'm $15 down. or i'll decide that my daughter needs new shoes. like right now, i'm planning on what i'll be doing for the extended family for their kids' Easter baskets... or if they'll get baskets at all, or if i'll do something like bookcards or blockbuster cards in cute little easter cards and be done with it (it's not like a single one of them is going to NEED more chocolate...).

horrible bit is that i'm not overly keen on parting with money. crazy that, no?

oh - and since i drink copious amounts of diet coke anyway - i'm participating in the my coke rewards program. i'm figuring that since it goes through the endof the year, i should be able to get a watch for my mom, a bag for my dad, AND discount coupons for tickets to the Kennedy Space Center for our vacation in September. If you find yourself with a spare cap or two, feel free to contribute!

in the meantime, i'm thinking about the things that are going to be stuffing my husbands and fathers' Easter bags (my family doesn't get baskets, i don't like them...)

No comments: