08 March 2006

Nibbles n Bits

do you ever get the feeling that half of what you write sounds more like bad band names (or worse, bad album names) because you're just trying to be clever enough to get people to read your stuff?

i've lost a bit more weight... 27 pounds in total, and i am writing to you from my new jeans, one size smaller. it feels pretty good.


this doesn't:


i have had my access to a site i particularly enjoyed visiting blocked. at first i thought it was a glitch with the site, but apparently others are still able to enjoy it. what brings me down the most, though, is that i considered the proprietess a friend (at the very least a friendly acquaintance) but i have the shocking feeling that i am mistaken.
sometime soon there will need to be an email from me, wondering what i've done to offend, and what i can do to make amends... but before i put myself out on that limb, i have some thinking to do, to see if i can figure it out on my own. (this is also a ruse on my part, trying to convince myself it's a work-computer restriction, and that if i just make the time while at home, on my own computer, i'll discover that it's all a technical glitch, and not some horrible misunderstanding). and, at the end of the day, if it all falls out poorly for me, i guess i'll just console myself to the fact that she has her reasons, and wish her well as i move on in my own direction.

the week is showing promise of being busy all the way through. i believe this is a good thing. it helps me embrace the feeling that i'm more than just a number monkey and something a bit more like a valuable cog in the machine that is my company. because of this, however, it's going to be a lame blog week.

apologies all around.


1 comment:

fin said...

it's not so weird...
i'm a hard friend to have, i'm inconsistent company.

she's a good person...

i'm optimistic that it is something we can work through and make better...

thank you - though - ever so much for your wonderful vote of confidence.