23 March 2006

normally...

i review the blogs on my favorites list before posting my own thoughts... it's mostly in an effort to avoid concurrent blogging, or to point people to other points of interest.

today, however, i experienced something so unbeliveably inane, that i can't imagine anyone else (at least not in my own little blogosphere) would have the exact same experience today... this morning... on the way in to work.

driving down my crazy busy stretch of I-75 (not, mind you in the direction i prefer - - that being all the way south to Florida) i noticed a man, younger, who seemed to be having trouble staying in his own lane, and who didn't really appear to be paying a lot of attention to the road, distracted, instead by something either in his lap or on the seat beside him. i noticed him because he had swerved into my lane, in front of me, and caused me to drop my speed (rather suddenly) by about 15 miles an hour. at first, i was worried... maybe he had dropped something important, or spilled something hot on himself. then i was worried for me, if his erratic driving continued, certainly he'd be killing me before i got to work.

i turned on my indicator, carefully checked my blindspot, and merged into the lane to the right. as i passed him - he was, indeed, still slowing down, i peeked over.

he was eating. his. breakfast.

out. of. a. bowl.

with. a. spoon.

sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Did you honk? I might've honked. Some people are such monkeys.

fin said...

i didn't honk. i REALLY wanted to, but he was so far behind me, and so engrossed in his breakfast that it probably wouldn't have even made a difference.