27 March 2006

ago - away

i looked in my mirror this morning - - my little up close hand held one - - after putting on my makeup (i have a team meeting, and they all look so nice and smooth in the meetings, i just had to do something to not feel so naked...) and i realised that some of the elasticity of my face is waning; and that my skin looks - - well, - - thirsty.

then, i had a brief look at notes on a napkin and at first glance, the "beading" around the vase reminded me of when i was much younger, and used to wear a string of fake pearls as a belt. no... it wasn't a belt made out of a string of fake pearls, it was meant to be a necklace. i used to do a lot of wacky stuff and call it fashion.

i wish my face were a little firmer (my breasts, butt, and stomach too for that matter - - and don't even get me started on the area of my arms that i endearingly refer to as my bat-wings). of course i wish a had a little more money in the bank - - for rainy days, for a downpayment on a home of my own, for whatever. and i wish i had a little more time - - for my family, for my friends, for myself. and i wish i had a little more grace - - for the rough times, and the happy, and the inbetween days. (yes, that was a horribly transparent nod to some music that used to REALLY make me smile.) and i wish i had a little more wisdom - - for sharing, and keeping, and passing along.

but as my dzia dzia used to say, wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first...

ha ha ha

happy monday, and believe me... i may not have everything i wish for, but i have so much i'm not fussed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have liked your dzia dzia. :)

Kimba said...

ha! My nana (and mom) used to tell me the same thing! You have joy & love... and that's what matters most!

Unknown said...

I've never heard that saying before. Best for your week!