23 February 2006

wonderful

small wonders
last night my daughter gave me a big hug and said "I love you." she did it as if it were the most natural thing in the world. my heart soars.

natural wonders
the sun in my part of the world is rising a bit earlier every day now. when i stolled into the office at 5 minutes to 7 this morning, there were already streaks of golden luscious beginning to reflect off the surrounding east-facing buildings. it won't be long, now, before i'm grousing about having to drive east to work and west to home.

the wonders of science
(or - better living through chemistry)
after the NyQuil finally kicked in, i had a very good night's sleep. granted, i woke up with painfully compacted sinuses, again, and have spent most of my day attempting to evolve into something that is not a mouth breather. so far, the off-brand DayQuil are not working to my satisfaction, and i find myself facing the daunting possibility of having to pay the scandalous sum required to get the real stuff. still, thank heaven for ColdEze. I've all but boycotted paper-product-facial tissues (snissues in my house) citing my new mantra "what starts as a tree, ends up feeling like a tree." my nearly raw nostrils flare in agreement. at home i use an old, super mushy, 100% cotton t-shirt. even in it's raw state cottone looks soft and comfortable. i have an old old old washed 1000 times 100% cotton hanky here at work. it's not as soft as the t-shirt, and if the cold lasts much longer, i have a sinking suspicion that i will be bringing out the sewing machine and scissors to remedy the situation. a nose-blowing t-shirt doesn't need sleeves anyway, right?

will wonders never cease
the building is crypt-quiet today. people are out. people are heads-down-working to get ready for the big corporate meetings coming up next week. people are laying low hoping that the people who are heads-down-working won't have the time to bother them with "delegating" work this late in the game.

you can guess where I fall in the picture.

have a nice sunshiney happy filled day

No comments: