26 February 2006

pajama Sunday

it's about quarter to five and the house is asleep - mom (sick, thanks to me) in her bedroom, the cat in his little kitty igloo, my husband and daughter on the sofa... my dad is out at the orange store shopping for a part for the insinkerator instant hot water device he's installing (i LOVE instant hot water devices!!!) and here i am blogging in peace... at home... on the weekend!

did i mention that there's a lovely fire in the fireplace, the sun is shining in through the windows, and there's a cup of hot tea close at hand? did i manage to slip the word idyll in there anywhere??

actually, to be fair, it's a weird feeling, just now, with the house quiet and me alone, left to my own devices. i recall one visit to my grandparents' house, when i was younger (i'm trying to recall what the exact situation that left me without my mom at her mom's house was, the only thing i can really think of is that it might have been christmas shopping...) when i was finally left alone with grandma and grandpa, my aunts and uncles had gone out to do their own things, they had both fallen asleep, and as i was old enough to know better than to make enough loud noises to wake them up, i found myself rather bored... without playmates or anything, really to do, at least not anything that wasn't noisy. it was one of the few times, as a child, that i actually considered myself lonely ( odd for an only child, i suppose).

my dad just came home to rescue me from the siberian loneliness of a sleeping house. i think i might go make myself useful in the kitchen... te he he.

No comments: