20 February 2006

unfit for dogs...

the weather has been god-awful cold.

i'm feeling particularly under the weather - cold in my bones, achey muscles, and something of a head cold. i forgot my Cold-eze by the comfy chair this morning.

my nearly de-tipped left index finger doesn't hurt as much as it did yesterday, though it appears to have broken open enough to bleed again recently. who knew the potatoes would be such slippery little buggers.

i'm elbow deep in Ghostwritten... very much enjoying David Mitchell's writing, and all at once desperate to get to the end, and miserable with the thought of being out of book, again.

i'd give my left toe to be working from home today, but the rotten lousy network isn't my best friend right now, and until i can ensure that i actually CAN work from home, i don't want to say i'm going to, and not be able... maybe tomorrow... especially if i feel like this, or heaven forfend, worse.

i remember being a little kid and liking wearing band-aids. i think it was because they made me feel special, like i was someone to be reckoned with, fearless in the face of skinned knees and busted open elbows. now they're rather unsightly, cumbersome, and as often as not, as much of a bacteria trapping liability as a protective shield against the forces of infectious evil.

did i mention i have a "porkypine in my froat"?

No comments: