02 August 2005

Tech Now Oh Gee!

Gr
I spent ALL day yesterday trying to get a system to return a simple set of information.
I almost got dragged down that same path today... but the thing is, I just don't have time for it.
So I had to use a different tool. Lucky me, I have one to use.
Sometimes that's a good way to look at life too.

Oh - and this morning, the guy at the front desk taught me a great way to answer the unending bane of my conversational self "how are you today?" His answer to me was - "Good, so far." I think this is brilliant, because it still leaves you room to have a continuing good day (I mean, how bad can it be at 7 in the morning, unless you've got into an accident on your way in to work (which would exempt you from having to answer the question) or had traffic, which even then, that early, only makes you a little cranky...) or to watch your day go down the tubes because the all-new-uber-system that took everyone months to figure out, can't get a simple report to you after 8 hours of trying... compounded with all the other extraneous crap that happens in a regular day. And that phrase "Good, so far" just sings out that these kinds of days happen, they happen to you, and you fully anticipate one of them is lurking around just about any corner waiting to pounce.

Um... yeah... good morning.

No comments: