29 August 2005

Little nose...

My baby has a summer cold.

It started with a runny nose which we THOUGHT we might be able to attribute to new teeth. But new teeth don't also bring on sneezing, and recently coughing. The poor thing had begun, by Friday evening, to shudder at the sight of a tissue.

So yesterday we bought her some infant's decongestant.

My active, bright, curious, active little girl; my tumble monkey; my whirling dervish of a daughter -
slept,
sat on laps,
didn't eat much,
and for the most part,
let the medicine do it's thing... slow her down.

Never, ever, ever believe the mother of an active child when she says "I just wish she would slow down a little." She doesn't mean it. She can't. Because, when the child DOES slow down, the mother worries. It's OBVIOUS there's something wrong... and it feels really, REALLY, weird.

I know it's just the medicine - doing it's thing - and I think she's possibly already feeling better for the rest her little body so desperately needs.

Still - I hope it only takes a few days for this to pass - and my bundle of boundless energy is bounding into (and out of) my arms again.

1 comment:

m said...

Aw - poor little one. I hope she feels better soon.