09 August 2005

Back in the Saddle

Well, after days of funeral, family, and dust dirt and grime, I'm back to work.

The family and the dust dirt and grime aren't behind me... we're still cleaning out almost 60 years of basement at my grandmother's house. My aunt and uncle and one of my cousins during the day (my dad too, while he's still on bereavement leave) and the rest of us as time permits after work. It's likely going to last for at least the rest of the week... though I'm more inclined to believe it will be the rest of the month. Ugh.

NOTE TO SELF:
Ensure, as I start getting "up there" in years, that all birthday parties (well, probably more likely my un-birthday parties, as my birthday is January) are garage sales.

Work didn't stop being work when I left, and as my timing coincided with the vacation of a co-worker, there has been a SCREAMING amount of work accumulating in my absence.

I'm swamped.

More when I don't have to wear hip-waders.

No comments: