16 August 2005

Progress

My successor - sort of - has been named.
They morphed my job, beefing it up a few pay grades in the process. I used to be crabby about it. I guess I still am, but right now I'm focusing my energy on just moving forward.

Anywho - with the "replacement" named, we can start doing training. This is a really good thing, because (theoretically) now that I can start training someone to do my old stuff, I can start getting training on my new stuff. Which means that in the next couple of weeks I might actually be spending time in my new office!

I'm really keen on being in my new office.

Actually, right now, I'm really keen on rearranging my new office... then getting into it... then decorating it... then actually WORKING in it!

That's about all I have work-wise... well, all I have that's fit to print.

The weekend was good - my husband managed to be real help in his dad's efforts to build a front deck on their house. I wish the weather had been cooler... there's something utterly heartrending about watching my husband sweat.

We spent some high-quality dinner and baby time with friends B&E and K&C (the baby's godparents). I'm not entirely sure that I'm ready to be social yet, but it was really great to practice in the able hands of people who really care.

On the homefront - we're - ok - THEY'RE making real progress on grandma's house. The wallpaper in the kitchen is up, painting has happened and is happening, old wallpaper is being torn down (REALLY OLD wallpaper - the kind that adamantly refuses to give up the ghost!). There are plans for new linoleum in the kitchen and new carpet everywhere else. I'm feeling pretty confident that by the end of the week, it might actually look salable!

On the other homefront... we're planning our trip to Wisconsin for the weekend. Wedding of the daughter of one of my dad's oldest friends. It's supposed to be a very casual (jeans and t-shirt) BBQ affair, on a lake. I'm looking forward to it. This is my favorite kind of wedding to attend right now... a small collection of the bride and groom's friends and family, and entirely frou-frou free. Probably I should attend something that requires a little effort sooner or later, but for right now, I'm altogether too keen on comfort to care.

Ok - no more real news. I have to write some work instructions anyway...

4 comments:

m said...

Heh - you know, I'm really keen on comfort now too. Let's just not worry about it until later, we can be comfortable together!

m said...

what is with your other comment?

Kassi Gilbert said...

Fin you have been super-spammed!!

fin said...

Ladies -
Thank you for the head's up... the spam comments REALLY stink...
grrrr