29 August 2005

Quitter

I've tried reading Lucy 3 times now.

The first time I was pregnant, and just about nothing could hold my attention.

The second time I was three or four pages into the book and we started packing for the move from Ann Arbor.

The last time - the very recent last time - I was really REALLY trying to read it, but life kept getting in the way... and then...

And then Eldest was delivered... and my mom, who had rightful first dibs on the book, told me that if I could read it in a reasonable time, that she'd let me read it first.

Elation...

And poor Lucy, tossed (once again) aside.

Eldest is good. It's, so far, as good at Eragon. There are interesting new lines that I'm glad didn't get dropped. He's older now, and wiser, and it's really pleasing to see the attributes of age in his characterization.

I'm still only about 150 pages in... and I think it's another 500 page book... so things could change, but for now I'm lovin' it.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eldest was pretty good. I read it on Saturday when Spencer was at her friend's house for a sleepover. (It's Spence's book, but as she wasn't around...)

I'm amazed that a kid can write like that, then I think that maybe I should turn my EAU journal into a book (how hard can it be?), but the cold reality that writing ain't my thing sets in and I give up before I start.

This Eragon-writing-boy taunts me.

xoxoxo
--Kim

m said...

I need to read those books - haven't read them. hmmmm.....