25 April 2006

I don't speak Pigeon

so i have no idea how he's doing. he moves around a lot more than he did when we first brought him in... for what that's worth. i have a fear, now, and founded i think, of his feet healing all wrong, but healing nonetheless and his being crippled by my well-meaning meddling for the rest of his life.

i almost killed myself Sunday night. ok, probably it wasn't quite that bad, but it felt like it. i poisoned myself with a migraine medicine. fortunately i think i managed to purge the bulk of it before it got into my system and caused my veins to completely shut down on me. needless to say, i'm sticking with Orudis (if i can ever find it again), Aleve, and if push comes to shove, Advil for the rest of my migrainy life.

i've been thinking, again, about how to make the most of my adventures in corporate america. like right now, i am pretty sure i have the opportunity to be taking some classes that could lead me to a new degree and having the course fees reimbursed. i know it would make me more valuable to my department and company, and i'm fairly certain that it would make me feel more valuable in general, but at the same time, when what i believe i really want to do with my time doesn't really have all that much to do with the degree i'd be getting (and there's no way for me to get a degree in what i'm leaning toward really wanting to do) it seems kind of sneaky to get the degree. at the same time, though, there's no guarantee that i'll ever be in a position to do what i really want to do (i have far too much debt) and maybe i should take the opportunity while it's still in front of me...

ah - the woes of having too many options. sigh... why can't i just realise how very VERY lucky i am?

No comments: