26 April 2006

frost-over

we had a cold night last night... i didn't get to survey any damage to the proud young greenery popping up in the freshly weeded / cleaned out flower boxes off the front porch, but i'm hoping they weren't too terribly smacked by the cold weather. i don't even want to think about the strawberries in the back. i'm just crossing my fingers that everything is hardy enough to endure the little cold snap.

i had my hairs cut last night... it's not sassy or anything that dramatic, but it's nice and light (for the summer) still long enough for a pony-tail if i get ridiculously lazy, and short enough to wear down without blinding me behind a curtain of hair. also i think it frames my face nicely, drawing the eye away from my second chin in favor of my eyes and cheekbones (both of which i very much prefer to the chins). with any luck i'll be coloring it a nice warm and bright summery color this evening or at the latest tomorrow, and i should feel like a presentable human by the party.

i've been struggling with some tensions in my life lately and many of them are taking up residence in my shoulders and back. i have spent the better part of the last few days stretching backward, pulling my arms up high and as far behind me over my head as i dare, desperately hoping for the relief of some small pop-corn popping to happen and relieve some of the stress... to no avail. i'm considering meditation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need a professional massage. It would definitely be worth looking in to.