20 January 2006

Weighting for Godot

it's been almost a month since i've weighed myself. i've been fairly diligent about what I'm eating, and increasing my activity - though I still don't do what anyone in the fitness industry would call exercise. I've had a few slip-ups here and there, nothing major, but enough to put me at the top end of (or even slightly over) my strictly regulated caloric intake for the day. I've had some really good days, too, though, when my will to slim was high enough to conquor the "i could still have another 300 calories today, what's in the freezer" moments.

long story short - i'm sort of afraid of what i'm going to see when i get on the scale on monday morning.

my hope is to have lost about 10 pounds. i still don't know what to expect.

of course if it's significantly less than i hope, it will be a great inspiration to forego the somewhat extravagant birthday meal i have planned for myself, in favor of something more like chicken. ;0) not that anyone knows this yet, but the whole reason i'm waiting until monday to make my birthday cupcakes (only 125 calories each, w/o frosting) is because if i haven't lost enough to feel moderately successful, i'm making a chocoloate cake - which I won't eat - at least not more than a bite or two).






No comments: