02 June 2005

Game Night

Every other Wednesday (mostly) (including last night) my husband has the wonderful opportunity to get together with some of his (many) friends and play an RPG based on a cartoon I never watched as a child - Robotech.

To be fair, there are MANY cartoons I never watched as a child.
To be double fair, my husband was a child 5 years after I was, and a boy, and probably more interested in cartoons than I would ever be, and was exposed to an entirely different set and sort of cartoons than I.
To be final fair, I doubt that I would ever participate in any game based on any cartoon, because
a) I only play one RPG because it's all the time I care to spend being someone else
b) In general, I don't enjoy cartoons
c) If I did play, I would probably be cast as a care bear, or Strawberry Shortcake, or (heaven forbid) some HORRIBLE Hannah Barbera / Warner Bros. hybrid-creation... just to make me cringe.

From what I understand, the players (and my husband) rather enjoy the game, and that makes me smile. I really like hearing the stories about the game (even if they occasionally lull me to sleep) and, right now, am joyfully anticipating this evening's retelling of last night's game. I have even considered asking to attend a game just to listen to the way he tells the story and experience the unfolding of events first hand. Probably, though, I'm guessing that he wouldn't let me just watch, and I'd have to play some un-important, ultimately expendable character... most likely a space version of a care bear, or S. Shortcake, or etc.

So - yay for my honey's social night... as for me... I'll just stick to being a post-modern vampire wiht a fondness for Nine Inch Nails, Grey Goose, and fast - fast - cars.

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

You CAN'T play S. Shortcake...that's MY character.