07 June 2005

Vroom... Too

Have you ever noticed that one of the worst things you can do for your car is take care of it? No, seriously, how many times have you suffered an automotive breakdown right after you filled the tank, or changed the oil, or even done something as small as installing new wiper blades?

Or - as my husband noted - doesn't it always seem that you car knows when you get a pay raise (or in my experience, have a little "extra" cash saved up, "for a rainy day")?

Last week I had the oil changed on my car. This past weekend, I topped up the fuel, had my dad change the air filter, and I installed new wiper blades.

There is even a remote chance that I will be receiving a merit increase this week, or next.

Dutiful to the end - literally - yesterday Buddha and I were in an accident.

Ok... to be fair, it's not like Buddha suddenly went suicidal and rammed me into the concrete barrier between North and South I-75. It took an 18 wheeler who either didn't know about the fact that he can't hold a sharp turn or just didn't care that he couldn't pushing more than half way into my lane, forcing me into the decision of being hit by an 18 wheeler or running up onto the shoulder and possibly into the concrete divider.

I suffered the minorest of injuries. I have a bruise on my left elbow where I hit the door, and a weird case shoulder whiplash (the impact was primarily on the front left fender, so I didn't hit head on, or even sideways) and I'm stiff and a little sore.

Poor Buddha... he looks rather like a stroke victim... half of his "face" up, half down. During the accident I must have gone up on the divider some, then sort of slid down afterward. The driver's side of the front end sits about 10 inches higher than passenger's side... sigh.

My overall dealings with my insurance company have been pretty good, actually... and I feel rather well taken care of by them. We'll see at things progress, but for the time being I'm inclined to maintain my good opinion of them.

So... I'm a day late on my week's work, already, and MUST get much done this week... which means, of course, that it's time for me draw this episode to a close.

Be safe...

No comments: