01 April 2005

Floundering

I'm trying - desperately trying - to make my way through The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea. It's not like me to struggle through a book, but this one is particularly beating me up... especially considering my mom told me it was a quick, if unfulfilling, read.

What do I do instead?

Mostly knit-whittling. It's the only word I have for it... I'm like an old man with a piece of wood and a pocket knife, only for me it's two sticks and a piece of string... put them in my hands and I can sit happily and quietly for hours.

I have already been wondering how to teach my 11 month old how to knit, because of this. One CAN hope...

Somtimes I cook / bake.

Sometimes I even go so far as to clean house, just to avoid reading this book.

And no, I can't even CONSIDER just putting it back and not finishing it... that's admitting defeat, to a book... and a book considered by many to be a classic no less.

I knew I should have started in on Moby Dick instead...

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

phooey. I forgot to give you back your book last Tuesday. It will give me an excuse to see you again soon though! :)