21 April 2005

Exhaustoid

I suppose it's my own fault.

All those months ago, it was *I* who determined that letting the baby sleep
with me would be a better idea than slogging my backside to the crib in the
middle of the night, occasionally bashing my toes, and invariably having to
pee while easing her back to sleep.

Flash forward 9 months

Last night she was running through a well-designed gymnastic floor routine,
or perhaps practicing some new (ha ha - in it's infancy!) form of martial
arts in the bed.

It started at about midnight.

It didn't end.

I may have grossed about 3 hours of sleep last night. Net - less than 2,
certainly.

This wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, if I were a nuclear engineer,
or a surgeon,
or even a rocket scientist...

...but I am a data monkey.
I am required to make my brain ooch through functions, and numbers, and
intricacies of analysis all day long.

And the people who use this information are ALWAYS scraping through it
after me with one of their many, intricate, probably
"priceless-collector's-edition", fine toothed combs... waiting to snare me,
pointing the accusing finger at the saboteur in their organization
- the woman who would give them "entirely incorrect information" secretly
plotting to ruin their relationship with the second set of scrutinous
eyes...

Have I mentioned that I get all weirded out and sort of paranoid and very
imaginative when I'm sleep deprived?

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

Yay! I'm not the only one who is paranoid!! Oh, I am so sorry that you are sleep deprived...better to break the habit now than at age 3 when she will have a mind of her own that WILL NOT BE SWAYED.