18 July 2005

Potter Mom - Babble Fest

No... she doesn't throw clay on wheels (though she's always wanted to)... she reads the Harry Potter books. The Half-Blood Prince is sitting on her nightstand waiting... because she's as fair as she is fanatical, and won't set a book she's already reading aside (no matter how much she may dislike it, mind you) to read something she knows she'll like.

It's one of the reasons I've always known that even if I had siblings I'd never feel less special.

Anywho... Half-Blood showed up on our doorstep on Saturday - we pre-ordered it to get a good price (which we later discovered we could have got at the local Kroger when we did our grocery shopping on Saturday). And the amazing part - to me - was that I (who have yet to read even one page of the first book) was more keen on having her open it than she was herself. Possibly this is because of the book (the one she doesn't like) that she's alrady reading. I've never liked knowing what's for dessert while I'm trying to force myself through dinner.

Ooh - funny - that's where I find myself in my business life right now - but that's a story for another time.

Anywho... I've been thinking that I've been reading "tea leaves" for far too long, and it IS summer, and there are a lot of books that mom's gone through and probably it's time for me to add a new book to my list.

There's a book on the shelf called Eragon that I've been meaning to read... the second in the series Eldest is already slated to be delivered once it's released (Aug 23). It might be nice to read two books at a time... well, in order... you know what I mean.

Anywho... the short version is that I feel outpaced lately... and it's time for me to read.

I'll keep y'all posted.

2 comments:

Kassi Gilbert said...

I just remembered that I haven't read a book for leisure in a while [again]. I need to get back to doing that.

Kassi Gilbert said...

Problem solved...Ginny has lent me her Harry Potter book [the one SHE pre ordered] so that it will not be tempting her while she studies for the bar. Law degree good/ Harry Potter bad. I was so happy to help! :)