15 July 2005

More on Vacation - and me...

Ah the ocean. The warm, wavy, southern Atlantic... all full of sand and salt and people enjoying themselves... and WAVES.

We did other things while we were away. We swam in very creative (Disney-Imagineered) pools. We shopped. We even visited the Magic Kingdom. But nothing was more magic to me than the time on the beach.

We only went to the shore 3 times, but during each visit, I was treated with my daughter's delight, my mother's peace, my husband's adventuresome spirit, my father's smile, and a VERY healthy dose of sunshine, wave-hopping, and sand-play for myself.

There is something about the sea that revives my spirit, lifts my soul, and awakens me. I quite literally felt 15 again, giddy and bright and full of an enthusiastic love of everything (including the people) around me.

I'm not a person who carries gradiose plans. I live a relatively modest life (these days, at least) of pretty normal dimensions. I take immense pleasure in the company of my dearest friends. I'm consoled by a cup of tea and time with my journal. I have never wanted a life of wealth or fame or infamy. But in my deepest heart, right now (and possibly for some years to come) my dream, my hope, and my secretest of goals is to figure out how to find, purchase, and live in a house on the warm shores of the southern Atlantic.

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

I know some day you will attain your dream...just as long as I can come visit okay?