23 August 2007

weenie

so i finished the scarf last night
and i am in a very halloweeney frame of mind.

i KNOW that i should be teaching myself how to crochet so that i can make the matching hat.

i am also working, however, on the premise that she will not be needing hat and scarf until well after the 29th of September - - which is when i intend to start installing halloween at earthburg

between then and now i have to find stuff (i have a lot of cool stuff and heaven only knows where its got to) and paint stuff, and build stuff... there's a lot of stuff going on. mostly good stuff though.

on days when i'm too lazy for that kind of activity, i think i'm going to start working on knitting some skull (and possibly pumpkin) dish cloths for the kitchen. nothing says halloween like hand crafted halloween kitchen items. te he.

and maybe i'll learn how to crochet too - - because, you know, the kid could use a pumpkin head hat...

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I am sooo deeply imbedded in the Halloween spirit, it's killing me! I feel obsessed with no significant reward! At least the swaps are keeping me inspired! I tried learning to crochet earlier this year...I'm still working on that.

Kimmer said...

I have no Halloween spirit this year. I'm up to my a#* in 'Beauty and the Beast' and Playshop stuff. Although dressing up for stage is a lot like Halloween, and the position I took on the board of the community theater is a bit frightning, so maybe it IS like Halloween!!

I can crochet -Magda's head-doily is coming along quite swimmingly.

If only I had a little more time to work on it.....