10 August 2007

the last 30

i always hate the last 30 minutes of my work day.
it's even worse on a friday.

i mean, sure, it's ok if i'm working my fingers down on a project and look up and realise that i only have 30 minutes left, but in general, by the time the last 30 of a friday roll around, i'm just waiting for the clock to run down.

one of the guys my husband works with used to work at a place where the last 4 hours of the week were yours to do with as you would provided your work was done.

tell me that's not the cleverest way to increase productivity? tell me that you wouldn't find yourself done at noon on friday if it meant you could go home and start your weekend earlier?

i'm tellin' you, it would go a long way to alleviating my "what to do with this last 30 minutes" thing i often find myself stumbling through and grousing about.

No comments: