09 February 2007

for pete's sake...

:::UPDATE:::
as an aside, streaming on my computer is not an option - - the company i work for has blocked all streaming audio and video ...

no matter which of my radio stations i choose, i get sketchy reception... like, ok, you have to do ballet AND yoga at the same time if you want to be in the right position to encourage proper reception of this radio station.

the ugliest bit is that if i wanted to get one of the hip hop, top 40, or (shudder) country stations, all i'd have to do is turn the dial just a little.

for NPR (the addiction still rages) or WRCJ, i'm sticking magnetic bendy men to the antenna and practicing all sorts of contortionism.

my sweater - - as soft as it is - - is making my throat itch.
i didn't sleep very well last night.
i walked into the office to more "while you were out" requests.
all of my photos of the day (lately) have been of my daughter, and i won't post her here.

still - - i'm really focusing on happy thoughts. According to Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain i should be able to use cognitive techniques to keep myself from getting grumpy about all the silly little crap that causes momentary pleh in my life, and mood. i haven't read the book yet, (i heard it on NPR) but it is definitely on my list.

and soon i'm off to another mind-numbing meeting where i'm going to be expected to stun and wow people with my curent list of working on, to do, and done... and truth be told - - it's not stunning. sigh.

i'm going to scarf down some oatmeal and diet coke breakfast now

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have speakers on your computer...just stream it in from the internet. No contortions needed!

Anonymous said...

ooh that sucks. Internet tyrants.