06 February 2007

deep freeze day two

this morning my car informed me that it was only -1 degree.
apparently mother nature has decided to thaw us out some.
the kids are still home from school, most of them, and with them a lot of their parents. i don't mind, i've always liked things to be quiet around here.

i've decided to take the advice of the folks at CRAFT magazine (a birthday gift from my man) and journal my Moleskine (also a gift from my man, that until the CRAFT gift, went pristinely untouched). January is pathetic, just so you know. it's ok. i've never done anything LIKE scrapping (unless you count pathetic attempts at card making) before, and i'm cutting myself some slack. it helps that it's a journal - - MY journal - - and so i have no real intention for anyone to read it anyway.

the inspiration was also in part due to the fact that if i end up like Lewis Libby and have to testify, i need stuff down in writing - - my short term memory hasn't been this bad since i was pregnant.

i'm reading a lot of absolute pulp lately. i blame it on Suzanne at Dear Reader . she's wonderful, but she's also wonderful at feeding me just obscene amounts of horror fiction - - one of my greatest downfalls. i mean seriously - - this is from the mom who really doesn't have time to read, but steals it... and for what??? crap horror. still, everyone needs a guilty pleasure, and this, for now, is mine. (looking for a link i just realised that Guilty Pleasure(s) is a UK dance band, and now i'm perilously close to having a listen, just to see...)

my daughter says she misses me. every day when i come home from work. this so makes me smile... that sad mom smile that i suppose i'm now at the beginning of the perfection-journey on. she's also started telling me not to be a 'mean mama' when i disallow things, or scold her for others. i expect this is the precursor to the much feared "I hate you!" moment that i know is coming but am loathe to experience.

off to count my blessings...

No comments: