29 June 2006

Return of the Zombie










Vegas all but killed me.

soooo many people... even just our convention was jam-packed with nearly 3000 people, often times nearly all of them in one room. most of the sessions i attended were upwards of 100 attendees. i sat at the back of the room. a lot. there's something in me that reacts very poorly to having more people behind me than in front of me. probably a past life in some mafia or another.

soooo hot. every way was well over 100 degrees. normally for Vegas at the end of june this wouldn't be so bad, but the thing is, it was humid too. not michigan humid. but way more than typically vegas arid. a couple hundred yards is a long walk in Vegas heat. it might as well be a couple hundred miles when it's humid.

conference room chairs are uncomfortable. nuff said.

i learned a lot of really cool stuff. i met a handful of very nice people. i missed the bejeezus out of my baby and my cat and the rest of my people... which made coming home to boring old cool and humid michigan the bestest treat ever.

the Zombie reference? too much walking and funky-conference-room-chair-sitting and stair climbing on an already gammy knee and not nearly enough sleep (not for want of trying, just because of an overwhelming loneliness to which i had erroneously believed myself immune).

i'm glad to be home. i missed y'all.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Missed ya, but I'm glad you at least garned lots o'info on your trip!

Anonymous said...

glad you are back in temperamental Michigan. :)