08 June 2006

From:

Kassi inadvertently tagged me on this one... i'm So glad she did.

I am from mechanical pencils, from Diet Coke, and hot bread fresh from the oven.

I am from flowerbeds and a fireplace and the charged air of a thunderstorm sky.

I am from soft green spring grass, daisies dancing in a summer rain, and a thousand different snowflakes; a rusty orange October pumpkin, russet mums and the crunch of autumn leaves.

I am from baking from scratch and work worn hands, from Elda, and Mickey, and Little Miss Michael Smith.

I am from willful stubbornness and an unyielding desire for peace.

From “please” and “thank you” and - forever - “I love you” and “…more flies with honey than vinegar.”

I am from lapsed (but not forgotten) Catholicism, and a deep and abiding love of a God that holds me in the softest corners of his heart.

I'm from Grosse Point, Poland, and, the Canadian wilds; from daughters of daughters of the DAR and the shores of Long Ago England; from Keebler cookies, and Kraft American singles – individually wrapped, of course.

From the Rosie the Riveter of my Grandma B., the Mail Trains and Boy Scouts of my Dzia Dzia, and the spookiest ghost stories my mom would allow my dad to tell.

I am from dust covered shoe boxes, dented tins, and age-worn envelopes; visited infrequently but always – always – with love.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

Brill, f-in' brill! (smile)