05 June 2006

barbie

i had the special joy of having Barbie in an Escalade on my tail for the last part of my drive in to work this morning. if that's not enough to make any normal person homicidal, i'm not sure what is.

oh wait, i know, how about a weekend of rain when you have a slew of yardwork to do?

or - maybe - not having the diet coke waiting for you in your monday morning office that you thought you did?

ok - i'm not really homicidal, but i am pushing pissy. it's supposed to be beautiful today - clear sky, sunny, top temp of 81. tomorrow too, topping out at 83. and *i* am going to be chained to a desk all day... a desk, no less, where i have been waiting 2 weeks for one decision to come down, and almost a week for another. have i mentioned that i am NOT patient?

by popular demand, by the way, the name of the game is The Davinci Code and you can download the free trial by following that link. It's mildly addictive, occasionally pressuresome, and - - unfortunately - - not as mentally tasking as i had hoped it would be.

back to the rant... i even tried to make this a great day by wearing my lobster pants (small sky blue gingham with little red lobsters embroidered in a vaguely random pattern) and red garden gnome shoes.... thinking that wearing this getup anyone could have a good day. the result of it for me? i'm wondering when i'm going to spill something impossible to remove on them... oh, and the cover of the "button" on the left shoe is loose, has already come off more than once, and is likely to lose itself - - today is definitely a good day for it.

on an up note - - being a mom has never been more fun. my daughter and i laugh A LOT these days, me because she's funny, her, because i'm laughing... which of course sends me to new rounds of giggles, because her fake laugh is hysterical. don't get me wrong, she's painfully two, and something of a sasser... but those moments are getting easier to get through (i.e. ignore or defuse) and the fun and tender ones are more common. she tells me, these days, that she's so proud of me... and that she loves me... and that (mostly when I come home from work) she's missed me. can't beat that with a stick!

funny...

... i'm suddenly feeling better...

1 comment:

Kimba said...

There is nothing better than a child's laugh, I'm certain of it. Ok, maybe some full out wet your pants laughter with a good friend! Nah...baby laughs are still better.

Hey...your letter is P!!!