11 May 2006

only two answers

recently my friend reminded me that there are only two answers: "yes" and "no"

sure, i realised that there's always "it depends" and "maybe" and my mom's old standby "we'll see"; but if you rule all of those into the "most likely a 'no'" category - - as i do - - there are really only two answers.

that helped me have the courage to ask about my department sponsoring a business trip that i would really like to take.

chances are they'll probably say no - but at least i asked, and i won't be wondering a month and a half from now if i could have gone.

it's a very neat prospect.


in other news - it's raining and is supposed to continue on being ugly and mostly miserable for the next interminable span of days. i don't necessarily hate inclement weather, but at the same time, it draws me to miserable thoughts... like: "today would be a great day to stay at home and curl up in bed and be grey and foreboding like the sky". of course, if i were planning on playing hookie, it would HAVE to be on a beautiful day when i could actually enjoy it. truth be told, whenever i've stayed home on rainy days, about all i have done was curl up and grouse around and behaved much like a big ugly grey cloud. it's better that i'm here, where i can draw my tablecloth across the window that looks down a hall and out two windows that only serve to make the grey look greyer and more miserable, and not impose my grousy-butt mood on anyone that i really, truly love.

except, of course, you - - dear reader - - who at least don't have to witness my scowl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I take a day off on a bright day, I tend to fill it up with this that and the other, never truly feeling relaxed, and decadant. With rainy days, I feel little guilt about sitting on the couch, and stuffing my face with junk food while reading a good book.

Of course, scowling is necessary.