23 September 2005

And then...

Maybe yesterday wasn't the best day to start my minimizing plan.

Not that I did poorly yesterday, I had salad for lunch and a pretty reasonable burrito for dinner.

But this morning - ugh - this morning was a pancake breakfast - for charity - at work. How can you pass up a pancake breakfast - for charity - on a Friday?

Even that would have been fine, I think, if the stress of the new job and my unfaltering inability to make a financial report work on the first try - EVER - pushed me over the stress-edge, and I wolfed down the 5 powdered sugar "donettes" that were so cruelly sitting in my snack bag.

If I didn't eat ANYTHING else for the rest of the day - or even if I just stuck to a harmless salad for dinner, I might be on the verge of ok for my diet plan. But alas...

It's Friday - which is my "Lunch with Q Day" (except when I'm not working or only working a half a day on Friday - then we push it back to earlier in the week) - and today lunch with Q is at Ogla's Kitchens - which is NOT a nice bland salad place for me to eat.

A possible solution - obviously - is for me to spend all of the time from when I get home to when I collapse in bed working out. But I somehow doubt that's likely to happen.

Most likely, I'll have my nice lunch with Q.
Come back to the office and have a meeting that will stress me into eating the pop-tart I didn't have yesterday, and then go home.
The stress of the commute will probably encourage me to make something comfort food-y for dinner (a nice juicy roast and some mashed potatoes and roasted carrots perhaps?) which after preparing I will devour, and then, in food coma, plant my ass in the comfy chair quietly playing with my daughter until one or both of us is too tired to be in decent company any more, then off to bed where all of the fat from all of my OH-SO-unhealthy eating for the day will immediately migrate to my previously planted ass, hips, thighs, and (new to the hit parade) stomach.

It might not be THAT bad. There is the possibility that I will take a postprandial walk with one or more of my family members down the tree-lined street on which we live... or perhaps, due to the cool weather it will be a bonfire-in-the-back-yard evening (no marshmallows - please!!!) which could possibly entail some heavy-ish lifting on my part.

OK my dear dear friends... thanks to your keen ears and attentive hearts, I have talked myself OUT of the comfy chair and into something a little like active after a good meal and before some good (and much needed) rest.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Fin--

I have confidence in you!!

One day of a 'diet disaster' isn't going to kill you. The fact that you realize how poorly the food choices in front of you were is a step in the right direction.

The knowledge that you will do not want to repeat today's menu is another step.

Look!! Two steps down the better lifestyle path!!

xoxoxoxo
--Kim Rife