05 May 2005

Pet Peeve

Ok - I'll admit it, I am persnickety about things at work.

I like to have a little warning before something ugly hits my desk.

I like to be able to schedule time to talk over complex issues.

I like it when everyone arrives to a meeting prepared for the meeting.

AND

I hate it when I show up at someone's desk - on time - and they're working
on a project that has to be put away before my time can begin. That's why,
when I'm going to have someone come to my desk, to work on a project
together, I like to be sure that I have everything put away and only have
whatever it is we're going to be working on set up on my computer.

That's why this next one is so infuriating.

Right now (actually 10 minutes ago) I am supposed to be working on getting
some stuff set up on my system. This means that I am not working on
anything else (with the exception of this post, I guess) and more or less
just sitting here, waiting for the person to arrive. It's not that I don't
have a lot to do, nor that I don't have a lot I could be doing right now,
but in the name of being considerate, I have put all of that away - more
than 10 minutes ago, now - so that when she arrived we could get right to
work, saving both of us valuable/precious time to work on all those other
projects out there waiting for us.

Maybe I should excuse myself to the ladies room... she's guaranteed to
arrive in my absence, no?

1 comment:

Kassi Gilbert said...

that is the worst! so inconsiderate! :( I hope that your day has improved...