23 January 2007

Natal

today is not Friday.

it is, however, my birthday (38) and i am celebrating by taking a half day home from the office (which means i leave at 11 - - my worm, i suppose, for being an early bird) and spending some quality time with my daughter and mom... then, later, having dinner with my husband and daughter and mom. really, we don't make much ado of birthdays on the whole, but it's especially nice to do the things one especially wants to do in celebration of a day one really had very little to do with in the first place.

i'm in the office because the people here (myself included, i suppose) like to wish our office-mates a happy day before sending them off to have a pleasant afternoon.

if i were head of an office somewhere, it would be a given fact that employees would be entitled to a paid half day off, on their birthdays... it's only right. of course, as i've noted before, if i had an office somewhere, it likely wouldn't be profitable enough to have employees, nor stay open for more than a year. but i'd be a really good boss.

the weather-folk are also doing me the favor of predicting lots of lovely snow showers with no real accumulation this afternoon... that means i have the joy of watching the snow fall, and the double bonus of not having to drive in muck.

if someone hands me a red balloon, my day will be made.

4 comments:

Kimba said...

Consider a dozen red balloons on the way to you! Have a WONDERFUL birthday, my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful way to spend your birthday: an intimate dinner with your loved ones. Couldn't want anything better myself. Have a great one and enjoy your fluffy snow!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

-Kassi

The Dog of Freetown said...

Happy post-birthday day!
Hope you had a nice time.